- Great Physicists: The Life and Times of Leading Physicists from Galileo to Hawking.
- Ecology and productivity of an African wetland system: The Kafue Flats, Zambia.
- Publisher Description;
- Maximum and Minimum Prins - A Unified Appr. with Applns?
- Crash Course in Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis.
- Great Physicists?
Here at Walmart. Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason. Due to the high volume of feedback, we are unable to respond to individual comments. Sorry, but we can't respond to individual comments.
History of physics - Wikipedia
Recent searches Clear All. Update Location. If you want NextDay, we can save the other items for later. Yes—Save my other items for later. No—I want to keep shopping.
See a Problem?
Order by , and we can deliver your NextDay items by. In your cart, save the other item s for later in order to get NextDay delivery.
We moved your item s to Saved for Later. There was a problem with saving your item s for later. You can go to cart and save for later there. Average rating: 0 out of 5 stars, based on 0 reviews Write a review. Professor of Chemistry William H Cropper. Walmart Tell us if something is incorrect. Book Format: Choose an option. Add to Cart. Product Highlights About This Item We aim to show you accurate product information.
- Customer Reviews.
- The Great Physicists from Galileo to Einstein (Biography of Physics) - PDF Free Download?
- Download Great Physicists The Life And Times Of Leading Physicists From Galileo To Hawking.
- The Law of Marketing (Special Topics Collection)!
- The Great Physicists from Galileo to Einstein (Biography of Physics).
- Tlingit Indians of Alaska.
- Self Assessment Colour Review of Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery.
- Great Physicists (November 15, edition) | Open Library.
Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. European Journal of Physics , Volume 23 , Number 6. Get permission to re-use this article.
Create citation alert. Journal RSS feed.
Explore 100 Famous Scientist Quotes Pages
Sign up for new issue notifications. The author, a former American chemistry professor, has organized his book into nine parts with 29 chapters, covering, in a fairly historical sequence and systemtic conceptual progression, all fundamentals of today's physics: i. For each topic, a small number ranging from one to eight of leading personalities is selected and the biographies of these 29 physicists, including two women Marie Curie and Lise Meitner , are presented in some detail together with their achievements in the particular topic.
Important relevant contributions of other scholars to each topic are also discussed. In addition, Cropper provides each of the topics with a short 'historical synopsis' justifying his selection of key persons. One may argue that concentrating on leading physicists constitutes an old-fashioned approach to displaying the history and contents of fundamental topics in physics. However, the mixture of biographies and explanation of leading contributions given here will certainly serve for a larger public, not just professional physicists and scientists, as a guide through the exciting development of physical ideas and discoveries.
In general, the presentation of the material is quite satisfactory with only few slips, e.
One notices perhaps the limitation of the author in cases where no biography in English is available - this would also explain the omission of some of the main contributors to atomic and particle physics, such as Arnold Sommerfeld and Hideki Yukawa, or that French or Russian readers might occasionally miss a proper mention of their scientific heroes.