Foreword Magazine, Inc. This will subscribe you to all of our newsletters, announcements, and promotional content. For more control over what you subscribe to, head on over to our subscription page.
People who bought this also bought...
Taking too long? Try again or cancel this request. Book Reviews Foreword Reviews Science.
- Fundamental toxicology for chemists?
- Library Resource Finder: Location & Availability for: Starlight detectives : how astronomers,;
- The Physics of Semiconductors - Intro to Funds and Applns.
Buy Locally. In three sections, the Astronomy has long been one of my favorite subjects to read about and Alan Hirshfeld's Starlight Detectives is an excellent addition to the tradition of telling the history of the science. Over a Furthermore, I'd nominate this book as a supplement to the recent reboot of Carl Sagan's Cosmos miniseries hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Both the series and Starlight Detectives are a journey of the individual scientists, inventors and dreamers who collectively birthed modern astronomy.
This book is packed with information about the birth of modern astronomy. It is very detailed and brings in a lot of background on how other fields influenced and were influenced by astronomy, such as photography. Anyone interested in the historical study of science of astronomy will love this book.
- 101 Best Ways to Land a Job in Troubled Times.
- What is Kobo Super Points?.
- The Birth of the Modern Universe;
- On the List: Fixing Americas Failing Organ Transplant System.
- The Whitechapel Horrors (The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes).
The only issue I had with this book is how dry it is. It is seriously dry.
The Space Review: Review: Starlight Detectives
Worth it, if you're interested. Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review. An edition of this book was published by Bellevue Literary Press. Home Groups Talk Zeitgeist.
Starlight Detectives: How Astronomers, Inventors, and Eccentrics Discovered the Modern Universe
- Rethinking the History of Skepticism: The Missing Medieval Background!
- Review of Starlight Detectives () — Foreword Reviews.
- Get Your Free Audiobook.
- Stone by Stone: The Magnificent History in New Englands Stone Walls.
- STARLIGHT DETECTIVES by Alan Hirshfeld | Kirkus Reviews?
- Mining economics and strategy?
Members Reviews Popularity Average rating Mentions 61 13 , 4. No current Talk conversations about this book. Starlight Detectives presents the changes in astronomy from the eyes-only, refractor era to the development of the technologies that are the foundation of our modern science.
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers. IslandDave Nov 5, Estes Aug 10, I received this book through Goodreads First Reads. You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data. Information from the Russian Common Knowledge.